Frequently Asked Questions
Here you will find the answers to common questions about our site. If you don't find your answer here, please feel free to contact us and ask our friendly support staff.
- Can I send bulk email from my hosting account?
- How do I set up my Domain Name (DNS) Servers for my domain?
- How do I learn how to use my new control panel CPanel?
- What if I have a question not answered here?
- Can I send bulk email from my hosting account? [Top ]
- Yes you can, and and we even supply you with unlimited mailing lists. But there are some limitations placed on your account due to some in the past who have abused this feature for sending unsolicited commercial email (UCE or SPAM). First of all, note that we do not filter your outgoing email, and will try to deliver every email you send. However, you will be limited to sending at most 100 email messages per hour. Any more than this and your account may be terminated. We know that any legitimate website will need to send email reminders to their members, group broadcasts to website staff, etc. and we have found that our 100 email messages per hour maximum is more than generous for this capability. If you really need to send a lot of email to thousands of customers, we recommend you invest in a commercial autoresponder service such as Aweber.com which is one of the best autoresponder services available.
- How do I set up my Domain Name (DNS) Servers for my domain? [Top ]
- BigNM Web Hosting is not a Domain Registrar and we do not sell domain names. Instead, you should use a Domain Registrar such as http://www.godaddy.com or http://www.active-domain.com to buy and register your domains. You can then ask your Domain Registrar to change the primary and secondary DNS nameservers for you to the ones sent to you by BigNM Web Hosting in your account details email, under the "New Account Info" section. This must be done so that your domain will point to your new hosting account. Note that it can take up to 72 hours for the DNS servers across the Internet to be updated with your domain's new IP address.
- How do I learn how to use my new control panel CPanel? [Top ]
- CPanel is the hosting account control panel used by most web hosting companies on the Internet today, and comes with really great documentation. In fact, an entire site has been dedicated to this at http://www.cpanel.net/docs/cpanel where you can find all the answers you need. You can also access this documentation inside your own control panel at the bottom of the lefthand side menu under "Documentation". Just click the "Click to View" link.
- What if I have a question not answered here? [Top ]
- We're here to help! Use our contact form on our site to ask your question and we will respond as fast as possible to your question. We constantly add to this FAQ as more questions are asked by our customers about how to use their BigNM Hosting Accounts.